Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Another Note…

…to the Reader. Today marks the beginning of the fourth month since the first entry in "The Bush Diaries", so it seems a propitious moment to take stock. First, it has been a wonderful experience for me personally. It not only satisfies my writing jones, it also gives me the opportunity to communicate with readers--even if, some days, only a handful of them--on a daily basis. And it helps me, importantly, to remain conscious of what's happening in our country and the world at large at a difficult moment in our history. It's exciting and rewarding to get your responses, and I'm actively looking for more. More readers. More responses.

So I'm asking for your help. Readers--even occasional ones--would do me a big favor by simply taking the time to check in with me. I'd be immensely grateful if you could tell me (even if you think that I already know):

1)where you are in the world and, if you choose, who you are;
2)how you found "The Bush Diaries"; and
3)how frequently you check in;
4)what you like most about the entries, and
5)what you like least;
6)if you happen to be a blogger, if you'd be interested in exchanging listings; and
7)let me have your advice on how to expand readership.


It's easy. For the technologically disadvantaged, like myself, here are two easy ways to do it.

Either check on the "comments" button at the end of this posting, then on "Post a Comment". If you don't wish to register, click on the little "anonymous" circle below the space left blank for your message; type your message, and hit "Login & Publish". If you'd like a response, include your email address in the body of your text, because otherwise it won't show up automatically. This way, your message will be posted, and can be accessed by other readers if they check the comments.

Or, even easier, email me at PeterAtLarge@cox.net. This way, your comment will come direct to me, and will not be posted.

Either way you choose, thank you, thank you, thank you, for being out there, and for taking the time and the trouble. More tomorrow.

1 comment:

Dr. C said...

Peter,
I come by and read your blog occasionally. I like your honesty. I guess I see this blogging think as the modern equivalent of the broadsheet. It is also amazing how much intelligent commentary is out there; probably a function of us all knowing instantaneously what is going on. Maybe someday it will have an effect.
Keep on blogging.