Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Fresh Out of Words

Sorry, Bush. Today is one of those days. I'm all out of words. Sometimes, when I listen to what's happening in the world, I just get discouraged. Today I hear of a treaty between Pakistan and the Taliban, and the conflict continuing to escalate in poor Afghanistan. I read about the famous dueling speeches at the United Nations. I'd like to have something smart to say, but I just throw up my hands... Maybe I'll think of something witty and wise a little later. For now, I'm fresh out of wit and wisdom. Have a good day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peter, I sometimes have days like that too. My friends and family look forward to them :)

Peter Clothier said...

Thanks, David. That's a nice way to see it! And thanks for filling in for me, Gringo! While you tend sometimes to be rather more black-and-white than I would, I judge that we're pretty much on the same side! Cheers, PaL

Anonymous said...

Well, SeƱor Chavez was candid, and I must admit I smiled a lot while he was up there talking. Ahhh, smell the sulphur:). Bush figures that as long as he's 'home' he can say what he wants, so does Bolton. When they are out and about, it's a tad different, diplomacy has to take some form or other in the different countries. When in S.A. I noticed not many wanted to even stand by him little lone talk to him, even Blair was off with Chirac discussing something or other. Bush isn't liked by anyone of the leaders on earth at this time. And Gringo, it doesn't mater if your white, brown or black, Bush is equally prejudiced, so don't just lay it on the 'brown' people my friend...lol:D. Yeah, I'm sorta behind Iran in one respect, they have the right to have nuclear energy. I'm also behind Chavez to a point too. What they have said rings true...