Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Surprise

Well, this is a double surprise, Bush. First, from me--that I'm back briefly to drop you a line from Los Angeles International Airport. Just checking in. The second, from you--that you made a stopover in Kabul to visit your friend Karzai. Good for you. I did hear you, though, blathering on again about freedom and democracy, and castigating those "evil ones" for the umpteenth time. Does it not embarrass you just a bit to realize that the Bin Laden gang (and many of the mullahs, too) castigate you with exactly the same words? To them, of course, you're the "evil one"--along with the rest of us Westerners. Gives you pause, no? I mean, if both parties call each other "evil ones", you have to stop and wonder who's right? From a God's eye view, maybe both. Do you think? Anyway, have a great time in India. I hear you're skipping the Taj Mahal. Just tourist stuff, I guess. More important things to talk about, like trade, and nuclear armaments. Good luck. Watcvh out for those canny Indians. Remember, they're not the same ones that the cowboys fought.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your trip:D!!

Anonymous said...

Peter: Give us a quick, insightful appraisal of Damian Hirst's show in that city, if you get the chance. By insightful, I mean you need not be necessarily kind.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and if the Goya show is still on, a review would more than be appreciated. You do have lots of free time, don't you??!

Bushwack said...

I believe you have a few issues with our President, I hope you will be as understanding if a liberal makes it back to the whitehouse that I will be hacking them in the same manor.

Peter Clothier said...

The "manor", I presume, refers to that same "whitehouse"? Thanks anyway, Bushwack (is that "whack", or "wacky"? I trust you'll get your chance. Cheers, PaL