Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Just To Let You Know...

....Bush, that I'll be gone for the next few days. I'll be sitting in meditation at a retreat in Santa Fe, away from the television, newspapers, computers, the sound of my own voice... away from everything, in fact, that preoccupies me in these pages. It should prove a refreshing interlude, a good way to get back in touch with the deeper, more important things in life. And maybe forget about your good self. While I'm gone, I'm leaving you in the thoughtful hands of my associate, Cardozo, who will be keeping an eye on you for me. Not much in the way of favorable response to your speech, so far as I can tell. But who knows, you may have won some converts. I'll be back in touch on Monday. Meantime, I trust you'll check in with Cardozo as you would do with me. Have a great weekend. Your PaL

PS Ten degrees at night in Santa Fe. Brrrr....! For us disgustingly pampered Southern Californians, that spells capital C... O... L... D!

Posted by PeterAtLarge

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aahhh, but it will be warm on two fronts, inside the building, and your heart after the first breath;). Have a great peaceful place in time Peter...