Thursday, June 23, 2005

Teddy for President

Sorry, Bush. Couldn't resist adding this note. I saw Teddy Kennedy twice on CNN this morning, once berating your Rumsfeld for getting us into this "quagmire" in Iraq, and compounding it with his incompetence; and once again playing attack dog on your Bolton nomination. He looked, well... so dignified, so statesman-like, so confident without a shred of cockiness. He spoke so eloquently, with such clear conviction, with such understanding. Encompassing such broad humanity, he made the rest of you politicians look like midgets. I thought to myself, well, there's the kind of man we need as President of these United States. There's a man who could command the respect of the world. Forget Chappaquiddick (was that the name? Did I spell it right? Who cares?) So I say, Run, Teddy, Run!

No comments: