Thursday, June 23, 2005

A Breather

I'm taking a break, Bush. A breather. Tomorrow morning I leave early on a flight to Portland, Oregon, ending up--as I mentioned to you a few days ago--in Sisters, for a gathering of elder men in The Mankind Project. I've been invited to be the keynote speaker for the occasion, and I confess that a whole lot of my energy is being pulled in that direction. This morning, I need to be thinking about real estate and attendant issues--meeting with a contractor at the new house and preparing this one for the possibility of visits in our absence during the coming weekend. When I leave tomorrow, I plan to leave even my mini laptop behind--the one I took with me to Egypt--so that I'm not tempted by that particular distraction. If I have thoughts for you, Bush, it will have to be plain old pen and paper until my return on Monday.

So that's it for now. We'll be talking again Monday, or maybe not until Tuesday. But we'll be talking. In the meantime, wish me luck. I'm nervous as all get-out.

No comments: