Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Bush, the Wise Man!

Bush, the Wise Man, eh? A new twist. I see today where the figures in Madame Tussaud's Christmas crib in London have the faces of celebrities. The Wise Men, it seems, are Tony Blair, Prince Phillip, and none other than… George W. Bush! Well, congratulations! I mean, this is quite an honor, no? A Wise Man from the East, who arrived by camel, following the star. I didn't notice, though, whether you were the one bringing gold, or frankincense, or myrrh… Maybe the gold. The rich American. It has to be a bit galling to play second fiddle to a Spice Girl and a soccer star (David Beckham), who lend their famous visages to Mary and Joseph. Still, you could have ended up a shepherd, on bended knee… So I guess you're happy to settle for Wise Man at this point. Very gratifying. Especially with the whole world figuring you for anything but.

A good thing that Madame spared your Jesus the same fate, as I imagine you'll agree. Just another pretty baby face for Him.

Sorry about the trilogy. It's taking a lot longer than I'd thought. Hope you had a great Pearl Harbor Day.

No comments: