Sunday, August 21, 2005

Postcript

As a postscript to yesterday's thoughts about one reader's rant, what a kick to get a different responsive word from Canada (see "Comments," below, to my entry 8/19 entry, "A Stretch".) Thanks for that, xyukoner--and see my responding comment. It's always a treat to hear from readers, especially those in distant places. In the meantime, Bush, I see you decided against accepting my offer of that stretch. You took Lance on a private bike ride, far from the press and the public eye. I'd love to have been, well, not a fly on the wall... No walls to sit on. But maybe a flying bug of some kind, to keep up with the conversation. I gather that Lance wants more money for cancer research, less for the Iraq war. I'm with him, Bush. Have a good Sunday.

No comments: