Monday, February 14, 2005

I'm back!

Well, good Monday morning, Bush! You'll be happy to hear I'm back, and ready to restart our dialogue--well, truthfully, our monologue. I don't hear back from you as often as I'd like. No matter, I had a great weekend (more in a moment), but haven't seen a newspaper since Wednesday. Haven't seen a TV news report. Haven't read a blog! Haven't missed any of them! Well, to be honest, I did miss my blog a bit. It's something of a passion for me, these days. So I trust that our eavesdroppers will be back with us too.

About the weekend. I told you something about it last Thursday, Bush, just before I left town, so I don't want to repeat myself. Check out our communication for that day, if you missed it. Enough to say that the weekend was an outstanding success, despite a persistent downpour of rain from Thursday afternoon through Saturday evening in the mountains. It was without question the wettest weekend I ever attended. Even so, it worked. The magic works every time. Twenty-six men went back down from the mountain, their eyes absolutely glowing with what they had discovered about themselves, about the potential of their lives, about the power of men when they learn to work together for the interests of all. Once again, it was a joy and a privilege to work with them. I learn so much from these men every time, as well as from my fellow staffers. And there's so much, always, still to learn… It's truly an adventure.

I plan to catch up with your doings, Bush, in the course of the day, in the earnest hope that you have managed to contain some of your baser instincts since I've been gone. We'll talk more tomorrow.

Oh, and Happy Valentine's Day to you and Laura!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Peter,

It was great to be with you on the weekend. I like your BLOG, and plan to visit it more. Keep up the good work!

Merrill