Saturday, January 01, 2005

A glorious morning

Good New Year's morning, Bush! It's a glorious morning out here in California. I expect you're back there in Crawford, Texas, feet up, watching the Rose Parade and envying our weather.

Anyway, I promise not to say anything negative this morning (that double doesn't count!) Texas in the Rose Bowl, huh? You must be tickled pink. But I wonder if it pisses you off a little that they've changed the rules about the bowl games. I mean, aren't we supposed to have a Pacific Coast team in the Rose Bowl game? What's Texas doing there? Is this another part of the sinister Bush plot to take over the world? My son took the time to explain it all to me the other day, but I've already forgotten what the rationale was. Something to do with money, I expect. Or the TV ratings. But--forgive me, on a New Year's morning--it does seem a little sad to me. It feels like they've taken the roses out of the bowl.

Ah, well, there I go again. Good luck to your team, Bush. I'll have to settle for watching this coming Tuesday. I'm told that's the one to watch.

No comments: